Friday, May 20, 2011

Staying home blues

In the last 72 hours I...

Graduated college with more honors and degrees than my brother did (just saying). Ok, so I'm not in this photo because I skipped that ceremony but aren't my friends too cute? They look happy here but really everyone spent the day drunk and crying.

Packed up all of my shit in my like 250 square foot room.

Managed to make it all fit in my 150 square foot bedroom in my parents house and somehow make it look nice. Photographed are my cheesey childhood trinkets, my CD collection, yearbooks, box of letters, box of prints and postcards.

Began experimenting with room fragrance. Here is a terracotta bear usually used to keep brown sugar soft. Put in a dish (with a little water, although I'm not sure if the water is necessary) and add a couple drops of lavender essential oil and voilĂ  at least 24 hours of aromatherapy. A far better solution than spraying roomspray over and over again. I am going to assume you could even coat the bear with roomspray instead of oil (or perfume, if you're a big spender) and you'd still get this lasting effect. While the lavender soothes my soul, I think it would be nice to mix it with something else, probably from Demeter, which is $15 at Duane Reade, baby. Don't touch their new Snickers-inspired shit. Dirt and Wet Garden are both good.

Perfected my Egyptian Princess Look. To go with my flannel.

No comments: